Fairfax Colon & Rectal Surgical Center is a state-of-the-art outpatient surgical facility equipped with the latest technology specifically designed to perform outpatient colonoscopy and anorectal procedures. FCRS’ Surgery Center was built to Medicare Life Safety Codes, and continues to be accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
Thanks to advancements in surgical technology and anesthesia, many less-invasive surgical procedures can be performed on an outpatient basis. Co-located at our main office location on Prosperity Avenue in Fairfax, Virginia, our Surgical Center contains a large comfortable waiting room, as well as private pre-operative and recovery suites, providing patients a convenient, lower-cost outpatient surgical experience.
Benefits of Outpatient Surgery:
- Patients avoid hospital related charges
- FCRS’ fees are much lower than hospital fees
- Scheduling, registration and start times are more predictable than an in-hospital procedure
- Recovering in your home makes recovery time quicker and easier than an in-hospital stay
What to Expect from FCRS’ Surgery Center:
FCRS’s Surgery Center can provide you the type of outpatient experience every patient desires. We believe in providing our patients the highest quality patient care experience, from start to finish: To ensure our patients receive the best clinical outcomes, procedures are scheduled after an initial evaluation with one of our providers:
- Our Providers will help you understand your condition, your recommended procedure(s), answer any clinical questions you may have, and provide you the instructions you will need to prepare for your procedure
- Our Scheduling Staff will provide you the paperwork necessary and assist you in scheduling a procedure date that is convenient for you
- Our Financial Coordinator will provide you an estimate of your financial responsibility, if any. Payment arrangements can be conveniently made ahead of time
- Our Surgery Center Staff will contact you the day before your procedure to confirm your arrival time and answer any questions you may have, including any prep instructions given to you by your provider
- Our Front Desk Staff will check you in and notify the Surgery Center Staff of your arrival
- Our Surgery Center Staff will promptly bring you back to your private pre-operative suite and complete your final paperwork before your procedure begins